What to put in my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem with Tiger Barbs is they can be sensative to PH levels. They tend to like their water a little more acidic, and this doesn't fit in well with a cycling tank.

Hmmm .... guess I'll have to wait and see then ... perhaps I was a little too trusting of the man who wanted to sell me some fish!

"Beware the salesman close enough to shake your hand, as the other hand reaches for your wallet."

- Source Unknown (to me)

The thing that I don't understand was that I had gone in to buy fish, the sale was guaranteed. Instead of buying the 4 danios I'd intended, I bought 4 Tiger Barbs at the same price as Danios.

Perhaps he thinks I'll kill them all and go back for more and therefore spend more money.

The remaining 3 Tiger Barbs seem to keep falling out with each other - one of them is patrolling the tank and keeps chasing the other two. Next minute they're all friends again zipping round the tank together ... is this normal behaviour?!

When I bought my 33 gall I bought 6 white clouds (poor mans neon)
they are very hardy fish and I only lost three of them they are a schooling fish. and look very nice. Mine haven't started to school till after i put in other fish but haven't really had much problems with them other than loosing a couple.
may be a suggestion.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom