What to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrandysBows

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering what media I should use in my 2 fluval fx5 canister filters. I have a 210g tank with semi-aggressive fish (catfish, bala shark, redbtip sharks, angelfish, etc). Right now I have the 3 baskets with the foam filter sponges ir blocks and the bottom 2 have bio rings. All seems to be working great but wondering if anything else would work better for the tank. Each filter has same stuff in it. Its just they have so many options to pick from and I dont know what would be best. Thanks for any advice willing to provide.

Ph 7.6 (just did water change to try and get that down)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10ppm

BrandysBows said:
I was wondering what media I should use in my 2 fluval fx5 canister filters. I have a 210g tank with semi-aggressive fish (catfish, bala shark, redbtip sharks, angelfish, etc). Right now I have the 3 baskets with the foam filter sponges ir blocks and the bottom 2 have bio rings. All seems to be working great but wondering if anything else would work better for the tank. Each filter has same stuff in it. Its just they have so many options to pick from and I dont know what would be best. Thanks for any advice willing to provide.

Ph 7.6 (just did water change to try and get that down)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10ppm

Your pH is fine, BTW. I'm looking into Seachem Matrix. It has some good reviews. I already use Purigen in my filters. It seems to help clarity a lot.

Back
Top Bottom