Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2018, 05:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

What's a decent size aquarium for discus or an elephant nose/ community tank?

What do you guys keep your discus in and how many? Also what's a good size for an elephant nose/ community tank? I know I could look this up but pet sites don't seem to accurate and I'd rather hear from the guys actually doing it. I have lots of aquariums from 10 up to 180 gallons. I know obviously bigger is better but I have a 44 gallon pentagon aquarium I'd really like to use if at all possible with one of these. If you comment please own one or the other and maybe a little back ground on your tank. I'm not doing this right now. I'm mostly interested in tank size and everyone's experience with these fish separately obviously. Any help would be appreciated

Old 02-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
Ichthyophile

I've only kept discus in 75-80 gallon tanks. Maybe a 60 would be ok for a pair, but no smaller. I haven't had an elephant nose, but they grow to 9"

Tags
aquarium, community, community tank, discus, nose, size, tan, tank, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com