What's best canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have and prefer the Fluval's ...currenly running a fx5 and a 405. Lots of trays for countless media options , easy to clean and set up.

thats like asking whats your fav sport team. everyone is going to have different options.

personally i would go with the Rena xp filters or the Marineland c series. i run a lot of xp filters after having so much trouble with my fluval. since then i never looked back. the marineland came out with a new one thats had great reviews so the new canister ill buy will be one of them.

I run Eheim, and I find it very good. Easy to clean, 4 Media Trays, and self prime.
Like mgamer2000 said, it's down to personal choice, and the one you can get on sale or good price.

Eheim are great filters though tend to be higher price then the others. when i first got my xp3 it was half the cost of the eheim or more. the prices have gone up on most of the once lower priced canisters.

i agree with mgamer, its really an opinion based decision. I have a fluval 305 and 405 and love them. I've heard that theyre easier to set up and clean than a rena, but i dont know that from experience. I cant hear my fluvals run, so thats a plus. The fluvals and renas generally run around the same price, so i'd say pick one and you should be happy with either

i have had fluval305's and ehiem2216,both are awesome,you just have to choose for yourself

I recently switched both my tanks to canisters.... I couldn't come up with a compelling reason to favor one over another brand.
Eventually I more or less threw a dart :)... bought Fluval 405 and 205 simply because they were priced right and in stock :)

Both are running fine, easy to set up, not silent but WAY quieter than the HOB's were!!

And next time I have most of the water out, I'll be able to push the tanks back 3 inches closer to the wall ! They're in living room and family room, so a clean look matters a little on these tanks.

i got a fluval fx5 for 230$ brand new in box with warrenty from ebay. they were selling for 499,99 @ my lfs.

i was thinkin about the rena aswell but i got the fx5 cheeper.

p.s. i LOVE my fx5!!

i ended up getting a rena for 1/2 price some one bought and did'nt like it $74.00 , works great! got spray bar and all

Back
Top Bottom