What's in your 10 gallon Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheSmallFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
As the title said what is in your Tank. I am out of ideas so trying to get some new ones. I am open to all ideas.[emoji39]

I have lots of shrimp, some Endlers, and 4 ember tetras. Snails, too.

I have 9 10 g tanks!
I have shrimp in one.
Breeding pair of rams in 2.
Over 100 fry each in the other 6...

o_O wow no judgment but why all the small tanks? Why nothing better?

o_O wow no judgment but why all the small tanks? Why nothing better?
Really?
Check my profile I haven't updated it for the latest 21 tanks I added...:whistle:
Hope my 180 or 1 of my 120s work for not small tanks?
Why do you have Raechels name?

Really?
Check my profile I haven't updated it for the latest 21 tanks I added...:whistle:
Hope my 180 or 1 of my 120s work for not small tanks?
Why do you have Raechels name?

Wow autocorrect sucks. Sorry meant bigger not better and that was just based on thinking (incorrectly) that all u had were those 10g.

How many 10g stocking threads can one person start ? [emoji6]

I do like this question better.

I've had
RCS and CRS Shrimp plus Otos
CRS ( Crystal Red Shrimp) are more demanding than RCS ( Red Cherry Shrimp)
IMG_0730.jpg

Bettas 1 per tank. With or without Ghost Shrimp
IMG_0180.jpg

Celestial Pearl Danios added to my Shrimp tank after Shrimp hit 100 RCS.
IMG_0270.jpg

I have had 5 Neons in the past...but now prefer them in larger groups in bigger tanks.

---------------
Other Nano fish I'd like to try someday ?
Ember Tetras
Jellybean Rasbora
Sparkling Gouramis
Dwarf Pencilfish ( Coral Red maybe ?)

The issue with some Nano fish is that they need heavily planted tanks to feel secure and some need pristine water. If you put a big fish with them they may just hide or starve.

Yes yes. Very much yes. So embarrassed...
:facepalm:
No need for embarrassment? This thread is about 10gs so I listed my 10g?
That and my almost 1 year 'absence'...:whistle:

I could probably have list for most tanks up to 40g after that I probably only have 2 of each!:eek:
As a male I would think most would have taken more offensive to 'bigger' over better ,but what do we know? I really didn't even note that...I usually laugh at the little newbs!:ROFLMAO:
This is the big tank! Not as much fun or work as all the smalls!

This is my 20g rack!

Just arrived today is a group of 'dwarf' swordtails Xiphophorus continens that is in a 10 g now...
AquaBid.com - Wild Livebearers Auctions - Fri Dec 9 11:26:01 2016- Closed Auction
^^This is them^^
I believe they are going to be happy in their 10g...
small fish is what a 10g wants.
I must have over stated how many ram fry/juvis I have in 10s[they fill all the 5s also!] ....
If the idea behind this thread is stocking ideas I am not much help.being a breeder we break the rules almost every day...
Honestly shoot for some of the smallest fish or really really only have single fish or pair.
It is unfortunate that the 10g is one of the most common tanks in general not to mention for beginners.Often after a period of struggling with their small tanks a real hobbyist moves up to a larger tank and finds out how much better they and their fish really can do.
10g tanks can be rough to keep as water quality even in an established 10g can go bad real fast....
I change a lot of water and say that I think small tank keepers can't change too much if they know how to do it properly .

Back
Top Bottom