What's my PH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiesto643

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I'm struggling to read my API test kit PH readings. So I've done the low and high PH tests as I'm not sure which range I will be in, the low range test appears to show 7.6, and the high range about 8.2. So I'm not sure which one is correct reading? I've attached pictures with 2 different views of the test tubes.

Anyone have this issue, or able to advise?

Sorry I think one is upside down! Just took them on my phone.

ForumRunner_20130401_194757.jpg

ForumRunner_20130401_194822.jpg

Thanks convict, so just so I understand you would say 8 because the blue on the low ph test is too dark to be 7.6, so off the scale, so I would take the higher ph test which reads at 8.

You will probably have to just use the high ph tester like me , my ph is usually around there too. The low test will always read 7.6 which is the highest end that it measures.

You will probably have to just use the high ph tester like me , my ph is usually around there too. The low test will always read 7.6 which is the highest end that it measures.

:Agree: I have the same problem. I look at it as it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't change

Back
Top Bottom