when will i see nitrites...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
as many of you havce known... i started my fishless cycling until i saw nitrites and nitrates, but then i guess i didn't add enough ammonia each day to keep the bacteria fed and both these values ended up at zero. therefore i started again and added more ammonia this time using the same water and it's been about 2 weeks and i haven't seen ANY signs of nitrITES yet, last time i started i saw nitrites within a week! is there something wrong with my water? maybe because the bacter died it turned bad, should i empty the whole thing out and start with brand new fresh water again? i need some advice.. i want some fish before september =(

What are your ammonia levels? If they aren't increasing, then your tank may be cycled from before, and the nitrite spike passed quickly. Howzabout the nitrAtes?

If your ammonia levels are way high, then I would empty it out and start again, and re-seed some bacteria from another tank.

Back
Top Bottom