Where am I at in the cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about not replying, been busy at work and was having CPU issues. Well, my nitrite kept going down and finally registered zero ppm this morning. My nine year old son was almost as excited as I was to see the blue in the test tube, no more purple!!!

My next project is stocking and digital pictures! Time for some sword tails and dwarf gouramis!

You cycled with fish, correct? You have to keep in mind that the tank is cycled to that bioload, which means you need to add fish very slowly, and then let the bacteria levels catch up. It's not a fully cycled tank, but only cycled to your current stocking levels.

IMO 3 will be fine...keep in mind that will effectively increase the biolaod by 50%.For me 3 would be the max,less of couse would be better,but I think three would be ok.

Keep the feeding light for the next few days after adding em and test it every day as well...change some water out if you get a spike,but with light feeding I doubt you will.

And some say to wait about a week between adding fish. But I recommend 2 weeks myself. And the other thing, test, test, test. If any sign of ammonia or nitrite, stop adding til everything catches up.

So far so good, have added a few more fish and the levels are still great. My nine year old son has taken over testing duties, with supervision, and is doing a great job.

Thought I would let everyone know what is going on. Started the process July 19th and have been cycled for awhile now. Currently have the following in my 42 gallon hexagon,
3 Dwarf Gouramis
2 Neon Tetras
6 Golden Rasboras
2 Albino Cories
2 Swordtails
1 Rainbow Shark

It has been an awesome journey, what a great hobby and what a great place to share, thanks AA!

Back
Top Bottom