Where to get an albino longfin BN pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
A member here suggested I check out the albino longfin BN pleco, and I did and I absolutely fell in love! So needless to say I want this fish so bad I can't stand it! Only downer is... There isn't any near me (I'm in the USA). Does anyone here know of a breeder I might could order one from and have it shipped or something?

I'm not sure where you are but I have a petco by me that has them for $12. You might be able to find one tht has them or will order one for you.

Check out aquabid.com. There are lots for reasonable prices.

There's a petco about 45 minutes away from me... I'll check their site and see if they have one, I'll also check out aquabid, thanks everyone!

I searched aquabid this morning and didn't see any long finned albinos, they either had regular BN albinos or brown long finned. I think I searched for bristle so maybe there are some under BN or some other keyword. Good luck on your search!

meegosh said:
I searched aquabid this morning and didn't see any long finned albinos, they either had regular BN albinos or brown long finned. I think I searched for bristle so maybe there are some under BN or some other keyword. Good luck on your search!

I may like a brown longfinned.. I'll have to see what they look like.

Try aquariumfish.net! They have them on there i believe but im not sure where all they ship to. I just found their site the other day because i wanted the same fish for when i get a bigger tank. xDD

Wiggles24 said:
There is a breeder on eBay named 10scolar reasonable prices healthy fish:)

eBay huh? Never would've thought to look there for fish! I'll check that out!

They have them frequently at my lfs in VA, usually around 15$ I'd ask your lfs if they can be ordered!

Pipedreamer86 said:
They have them frequently at my lfs in VA, usually around 15$ I'd ask your lfs if they can be ordered!

I will next time Im in!

I got mine from Oddballfish.com. I also buy my rams and threadfin rainbowfish from them. They have very healty fish and ship all over the country.

I guess I'm just a little worried about ordering online because of them having to be shipped and them possibly not being alive by the time I get them. I've looked at a few sites and saw that most sites offer a live guarantee but you have to pay a pretty penny for the live arrival guarantee, and quite honestly I would rather put that much money towards equipment for my tank or for multiple fish vs just one.

I guess I'm just a little worried about ordering online because of them having to be shipped and them possibly not being alive by the time I get them. I've looked at a few sites and saw that most sites offer a live guarantee but you have to pay a pretty penny for the live arrival guarantee, and quite honestly I would rather put that much money towards equipment for my tank or for multiple fish vs just one.

I agree....I feel the same...

Back
Top Bottom