Where to sell fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Know I asked this question before but nobody gives a clear answer. Where can I sell platy fry if I can sell them at all? My friend is willing to buy my red platy fry but I want to sell more and get more $. Would petco and petsmart take them?

I want to make it clear that I'm aware that chances of professional chain stores buying fry from ME would be slim. My LFS and I aren't exactly on good terms with each other (little story I can explain if you want to know)

Thanks guys

Petco and petsmart probably wont take them, at least they wont pay you for them. You need to sell them to a family owned store or something, but even then, platy fry are not in demand. Most are used as feeder fish. Nobody can really give you a clear answer because every area is differant.

Lol explain the story please

Thanks nunu. Well basically I wanted this figure 8 puffer fish from my LFS and they said they would have it for me on their next delivery day (by the way my tank was cycled and prepared and everything by this point) and I called on the delivery day and they didn't have it so they told me to call the next day. I called the next day and they said they didn't have it, and told me to call the following week on Wednesday (delivery day) and I called and they said they didn't have it and they told me to call the next day. Well this pattern went on for FOUR WEEKS until one day they ignored my call and when I called again, they told me not to bother them. Oh yeah like I enjoy calling for a fish every day that they said they would have for me every following day.

So yeah I never went into that store again

As mentioned before platy fry aren't really in high demand only because they are so easy to breed I would try selling them to your friend.

Back
Top Bottom