Which flakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adangelo100

Aquarium Advice Regular
My fish are not picky but I am not rich and can only afford so much BUT I do want them to be healthy... Nutrafin, tetraColor, or aqueon tropical flakes (which I currently have from the "starter kit") what do you all think?! :) btw I also give them leafy things every so often... Charlie the silver dollar love leaves the neons will eat anything lol

I'd suggest switching to a better brand. Omega One is a great food that is easy on the wallet. That and Kens is aboutthe only flake I've ever fed.

I'm following along cuz I'm gonna start stocking and I want a good food....what's the difference between flakes and say hikari pellets. I'm looking at tetra for my stock

I'm following along cuz I'm gonna start stocking and I want a good food....what's the difference between flakes and say hikari pellets. I'm looking at tetra for my stock
Fish species and size. Hikari pellets are specialized for more exotic fish, such as cichlids. They are larger than flakes and less fish prefer them over flakes.

The overwhelming majority of my fish, including cichlids, would beg to differ- the pellet foods I feed appear to be much more palatable to them than most flake formulas, just based on their reactions.

Back
Top Bottom