Which store to buy from

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ketso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am in a bit of a quandry. I live near 2 LFSs. One is 7 minutes from my house and the other is about 35 minutes. The problem is that the closest one doesnt take care of their stock very well and their selection is a bit limited. The other is a Jack's Aquarium (I have heard good and bad about them) that seems like they care about the fish they sell. The place is clean and you can actually see the fish in the tanks. The other had what appeared to be months of hand prints all over the tanks and quite a few fish sunning their bellies under the florescent bulbs.

So, which store to get fish from? Get lesser quality and selection but get them home and in my tank faster? Or get better quality and better selection and stress the fish even longer?

The fish I intend to get are all pretty hardy. So, I am leaning toward taking the longer drive. What do you folks think?

Go to the one 35 minutes away. That's not a long time for the fish to be bagged. We used to drive 3 hours each way to a lfs to get good quality. :)

theotheragentm said:
My fish store is 35 minutes away. The fish are fine with that drive.
same here! my closest petsmart is 35 minutes away, much less my LFS so don't feel bad :wink: go to the second one!

Back
Top Bottom