Which tank should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyhermitcrab

Aquarium Advice Freak
There are two tanks I really want... They are from craigslist btw.

This 40 gallon tank
FISH TANK 40GALLONS WITH STAND
It looks really tall. It either has bio wheel or flu all filter or both. It comes with everything. I mean everything. Gravel, water test, air pump, food, water conditioners, nets, breeder boxes, medicines, Clearwater, aqua balance, decor, heater, hood, tank, stand, therometer, siphon, vacation feeders, betta food, ammonia remover, algea scrubbers, and much much more.

It's big and comes with everything I need for $65.

Or

This 55 gallon
Fish Tank 55 gallons
It says "55 gallon fish tank with wooden stand and storage area. Tank is in good condition as well as all parts...lights, hood, filter.

I am also including a water heater, cascade 600 filter, several decorative items, extra gravel, extra charcoal for filter, food and water conditioning solution. All you would need to get it started would be water and fish!"

I thought the cascade 600 intake filter was for smaller tanks. I'm not looking to have to upgrade all equipment.

By looking at the pictures which is a better deal?
Also did anyone see a heater? If not how much do heaters cost, with the money I'd save buying this I wouldn't mind a buying a heater,

Also I saw this tank...
It's a tank you have to offer on, how much would this tank be worth....
75 GALLON FISH TANK COMPLETE
I want this one because of size, and the very expensive canister filter, that I wouldn't be able to afford.

So what tank is best deal?

Such terrible dimensions on both of the top tanks. I would say the 55g would be the better choice out of the two. However I would say yes to the 75g over the other two in a heart beat. Maybe 400 for the 75g depending on the condition of the tank and equipment, especially the lights.

Well.. let me rephrase. They are terrible dimensions for what I look for in an aquarium. I greatly prefer tanks with as much surface area as possible. The 55 would work great as an angel tank or with other fish that don't require a lot of side to side movement.

Here is the list

Dear Parents

For christmas I would like a aquarium.
I discovered craigslist sells very affordable aquariums.
I would like to get one from here maybe instead.

The first tank I would like would be this 75 gallon (I know a lot, but in the long run, it's a good deal) this tank comes with basically everything needed for the tank.
It even comes with the ehime filter which is worth over $200 and the marine land filter wich is worth $180. It comes with two heaters that are worth over $80.
It comes with a light ($100) and the tank (200+) it doesn't list if it has a stand. If it doesn't have a stand don't get it. This is very good deal, see if they would sell it (with stand) for $100-$175
75 GALLON FISH TANK COMPLETE

The 2nd is the 55 gallon.
It is a good sized tank, comes with mostly everything. Ask about heater
Fish Tank 55 gallons

The third most desirable tank would be the 40 gallon.
This tank literally comes with everything you need just look at the picture. Although ask if it includes a heater, if they don't include a (200w) heater one can be seperatly purchased for $26 at Fluval M Submersible Heater - Free Shipping
FISH TANK 40GALLONS WITH STAND

The next tank would be 55 gallon fish tank w/ filter, 2 top covers and 2x light
We could use spikes stand if it doesn't come with one

The last tank I would want is... This 55 gallon.
It comes with lights, hood (ask if they are fish lights, of not do not buy) and it comes with $200 filter. Ask if it comes with a heater (if not get 200w) also it has stand.
> > > animal / reptile / fish TANKS < < < (you would also need to buy a siphon of they don't have one $16)

If ordering a heater click on wag link, then options, pick 200 watt.

In addition to the $65-$100 tank I would like to go to the petstore a pick out a few plants and a few fish for the new tank.

I agree, very well worded. Now as a fish crazy parent. When I say fish crazy I just bought a 36g bowfront kit, substrate, quad t5ho and plants (that are currently residing all over my house and in my tank until Christmas) for my 6 and 8 year old daughters. Questions that parents might ask.
1) Where are you going to fit a 75g tank? That's a 4ft long tank 48" x 18" x 21"
2) Will the floor be able to support the 850lbs?
3) How will you handle water changes?

I agree, very well worded. Now as a fish crazy parent. When I say fish crazy I just bought a 36g bowfront kit, substrate, quad t5ho and plants (that are currently residing all over my house and in my tank until Christmas) for my 6 and 8 year old daughters. Questions that parents might ask.
1) Where are you going to fit a 75g tank? That's a 4ft long tank 48" x 18" x 21"
2) Will the floor be able to support the 850lbs?
3) How will you handle water changes?

1-we measured the the area, it would go where my desk currently is. Or where my hexbugs are.
2- I don't know but I know it can support my 300 pound desk plus 300 lbs of fish tanks and my leaning in the table.
3- I am going to invest in those water changers that go from sink to tank.
Or if you mean conditioner cost, I found a website and the water conditioner is $4 and treats 40,000 gallons

Back
Top Bottom