Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Cool Which tank to get for my neons

I currently have a 10g tank with 12 neons and a mystery snail. petco just announced their $1 a gallon sale so I thought now would be a great time to upgrade their tank.

The tanks I was looking at are:
20g tall
20g long
40 breeder

I would love the 40g breeder for saltwater but not gonna take that plunge just yet. lol

I assume the 20L would be the better choice? So the fish have swim room more than just empty water above?

Just looking for some opinions before I go buy it. I'm gonna have to buy a stand too and all the goodies probably.

Plus I can put more fish in a 20g

Thanks folks

180g- Mostly BIG fish and some coral. ~80g Nuvo- My coral tank with "happy fish"~ 90g- FOWLR Not the not happy type of fish~ 125g- Freshwater Malawi Cichlids ~10g- Nuvo- The refugees from the Ich of '18
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Look It Up

When I bought my 20 gal two weeks ago I was torn between the long and tall. I liked the look of the long but I had nowhere to put it, so I went for the tall (I do like the tall too though lol). Given you already have neons then it might make more sense to get the long for more swimming space.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hmm I've been looking at dimensions and I'm kinda torn still. The 20L is 30 inches long and I know from experience with my 29g that lights are hard to come by for that length. The 40B is 36" in length which is good but it's 18" deep which m in the way. I want to place it right where my 10g is now.

Decisions decisions, I guess i will have to decide today sometime. Plus with the breeder tank I'll need a 36 inch stand that is 18" deep, something I don't see very much, for cheap anyways LOL
180g- Mostly BIG fish and some coral. ~80g Nuvo- My coral tank with "happy fish"~ 90g- FOWLR Not the not happy type of fish~ 125g- Freshwater Malawi Cichlids ~10g- Nuvo- The refugees from the Ich of '18
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
I love 20 longs they are just a great sized tank. The 40 gallon breeder is also a wonderful tank you will be happy either way.

Tags
ich, neon, neons, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com