White cloud mountain minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, I have a 35l tank with 8 White cloud mountain minnows but I wanted to get some cleaner fish or anything to help clean up the bottom of the tank. Any suggestions appreciated :) thanks.

Hello all, I have a 35l tank with 8 White cloud mountain minnows but I wanted to get some cleaner fish or anything to help clean up the bottom of the tank. Any suggestions appreciated :) thanks.

Trumpet snails,Gravel vaccum.
You don't really have room for more fish =more waste=poor water quality.

roadmaster said:
Trumpet snails,Gravel vaccum.
You don't really have room for more fish =more waste=poor water quality.

Can't be doin snails i had them in my last tank, started with one ended up with about 100 so bought the new tank. No more room for fish?? I've seen people talk about there 10gallon tanks with about 13-15 fish in on this site? I take it they've overstocked?

I don't think you are overstocked but you are getting close. Any pleco is going to get too large for a tank that size. Shrimp are good cleaners and you could have quite a few since they add almost nothing to the bioload.

Randi said:
I don't think you are overstocked but you are getting close. Any pleco is going to get too large for a tank that size. Shrimp are good cleaners and you could have quite a few since they add almost nothing to the bioload.

Umm... That's way overstocked IMO. That's only an 8 gallon tank! I'd suggest upgrading to a 20 gallon.(80 liters) Then you can have more room for your fish.

Homedog98 said:
Umm... That's way overstocked IMO. That's only an 8 gallon tank! I'd suggest upgrading to a 20 gallon.(80 liters) Then you can have more room for your fish.

Its more than 8 I think its jus under 10gallons. And my White clouds are mostly swimming around at the top or near the middle so I dnt think havin some cleaner fish at the bottom would bother them 2 much. I'm gonna ask someone at the shop for some more advice. Thanks for all the Advice everyone.

Don't get a pleco if you do get a bottom feeder. Check out ottos, as they won't get nearly as big.

Homedog98 said:
Don't get a pleco if you do get a bottom feeder. Check out ottos, as they won't get nearly as big.

No not gonna get a pleco they grow way too big! Was thinking about ghost or maybe red cherry shrimp, do u think these will be ok??

Homedog98 said:

I will check out the ottos 2 tho, thanks.

i would suggest red cherry shrimp instead of the ottos. the ottos need a constant supply of algae and are very sensitive.
rcs however, you can have about 100 and still be okay! i have around 35 in my 3 gallon :)

Mr.Albiman said:
i would suggest red cherry shrimp instead of the ottos. the ottos need a constant supply of algae and are very sensitive.
rcs however, you can have about 100 and still be okay! i have around 35 in my 3 gallon :)

Thanks, I checked out the red cherry shrimp an thought they were too small to even see lol, I asked the worker at my local aquajardin in Gloucester and told him my situation and he advised me To get a rainbow garra, he said I'd only need one, it'd get on with my other fish and it'll do a gd job. I've now got him in my tank and so far so good. Thanks for all the advice everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom