White stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eco23 said:
I've gotta guess fungus. I'm not well schooled in mold, fungi, etc... But white and fuzzy makes me think fungus.

Yea I agree. I never saw anything quite like that. Not that snotty looking

I'm not trying to cause panic (it's probably nothing), but if I saw that under my kitchen sink I'd freak out. If it was a saltwater tank I'd think it could be salt crystal deposits or something.

Is that underwater or drained? At first look I thought it was dry, but I guess it's underwater right? I don't think it could be deposits then if the water isn't evaporating off and leaving it behind.

Pigeonfood said:
hard water stains i bet....i get tat on my plastic tubing all the time

Yeah, but not in the tank right? You mean where it leaves the tank back down to the pump? It's fuzzy like that?

eco23 said:
Yeah, but not in the tank right? You mean where it leaves the tank back down to the pump? It's fuzzy like that?

I get mine in the tubing inside the tank before the water wand. I have black tubing and is easy to see. But not like the picture from the OP. I am very interested in finding out exactly what that is...

ye mine is in the tank, some places its all over my tubing, easy to remove just wipe it off and excess floating int he water will get cleaned up by ur filter.

Deckape said:
I get mine in the tubing inside the tank before the water wand. I have black tubing and is easy to see. But not like the picture from the OP. I am very interested in finding out exactly what that is...

Hmm...white hair algae? I just can't imagine water deposits building up in flowing water like that. Maybe.

its an air pump that connects to an air stone. yes its underwater and the tank is cycling without fish right now

it grew in three different spots too. Some aren't even on the air tube itself. Some are on the decorations.

Yea that looks worse than anything probally nothing to worry about. However to be safe, I would turn off my filtration and scrub it off. Then its time for the three magic letters, PWC. I wouldn't go high ands right right now, just try that and see what happens. Keep us informed if you can so we all can learn from this experience.

Deckape said:
Yea that looks worse than anything probally nothing to worry about. However to be safe, I would turn off my filtration and scrub it off. Then its time for the three magic letters, PWC. I wouldn't go high ands right right now, just try that and see what happens. Keep us informed if you can so we all can learn from this experience.

Oh yea turn your filtration back on after that PWC. Haha

Have you been using API Stress Coat with Aloe Vera in it by chance?

Back
Top Bottom