Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caveman0777

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Most people talk about fish that are popular like german blue rams and I can't seem to find them in any pet store I go... Why is that?

What stores are you going to and where are you located? How long have you been looking?

I looked at petco they don't have any... Petsmart don't have any... I'm in FL

Wow florida has alot of stores right? Can you find a local store that is not a chain and will order them for you? I have never seen a GBR at petco or petsmart now that i think about it... Thats very odd.

The chain stores here in Sarasota/Bradenton never have them either. Mostly tropical community fish and mixed African cichlids. The LFS close to me had a planted tank with Bolivian Rams. I picked up two adult mated pairs from the tank to split among my 37 and 55. They were $16.99 a piece though *cringe*

There's a fishery in Florida that breeds South/Central American fish, and their Ram quality should be pretty good compared to something imported in from Asia, but you have to buy a minimum dollar amount of fish (at least the shipping is cheaper for FL residents):

Cichlids of South and Central America Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale

how strange. My local pet store is really small and has poor selection and they usually carry a couple. They are often set off in a different location, away from all of the cichlids. I actually think they are grouped away with the angels and only carry 1 or 2 types of Rams but they are there. Took me a few walks through the store to find them tucked away too.
Maybe ask if they could order them in for you?

Interesting! I'm in SW Florida and my local Petsmart and Petco both have rams! Petsmart has them for a little under 6 bucks. They get them from Segrest Farms.

David

Interesting! I'm in SW Florida and my local Petsmart and Petco both have rams! Petsmart has them for a little under 6 bucks. They get them from Segrest Farms.

David

:eek: lucky you! they are like 14-16 for the cheapest and then there are 24 dollar ones here.. I think those are the electric blue rams though I`m not certain.

Back
Top Bottom