why did my corys get lazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
when i first got them they were swimming a ton and goin up adn down the walls. now their just hiding

they might have been just checking out their new abode. i worked at a fish store and all of our coreys were constantly hiding with the exception of coming out for dinner. good luck!

thats good that they are hiding, they are nice and relaxed and accustomed to their environment...if you want to see them in action take a look in the middle of the night since most of them are active at night....have fun!!!! :D

My cory cats did the same thing - they were very active and schooling during the day, but after about the first 6 months or so I hardly ever see them, except, as mentioned, at night, when you can see them scurrying around like crazy. I have had them for about 5 years now so I have decided that they are happy this way.

I have two corys that are busy all of the time. They do take frequent breaks in the darker areas of the tank when the lights are on though. If the tank is in just room light, they're either cleaning the bottom or resting on a rock in the open. They're one of my daughter's favorite fish, she calls them Giggles and Tickles because they're always together.

Back
Top Bottom