Why ph keeps dropping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purple pearl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When i treated my tank ick my ammonia wouldnt go down past .25. I've been using api stress coat plus and api stress zyme and I finally have 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate and 6.4 ph. I have a coral in my tank for weeks now but I notice that if I do a water change my ph drops to less then 6. I don't understand what's going on. I was told I wouldn't have a problem once that was in my tank. My tank has been set up for 2 months now.

I know know coral will increase ph, but always has been crushed coral. What is the level of your tap water?

The ph was straight from tap. My GH is 3 drops before it turns and KH is 6 drops before it turns haven't really mastered that yet don't really understand it. But this morning I checked everything and my ph is 7 did my weekly water change and it still remained at 7 so I guess the coral is finally working. Thank you all

Ok did the 24 hour test tap ph is still 7 ph in tank dropped again to 6 and now ammonia up to .25 again

Would you be using a co2? When you tested you kh was it from the tap or your tank? Might try adding a air pump to increase the amount of o2 in the tanl

The kh was from the tank. I have an air pump coming in today. Will the increase of co2 help with the ph? I did a water change yesterday ammonia down to 0 again this morning. It's weird I have no wood or anything that could be affecting such drastic changes. The proper ph didn't help and the coral I have in the tank is not helping.

Back
Top Bottom