will old dry gravels speed up fish less cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eagle Eyes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Solved .... going to LFS to get media when I start fish less cycling.

First gravel is already not going to do that so it will definitely not do it if it's been sitting around.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Instant Tank Cycling

Solved .... going to LFS to get media when I start fish less cycling.

Hello Eag..

Remove half the media from a cycled tank that's the same size or larger than yours and you'll instantly cycle yours. You can introduce fish right away. Just make sure you use only a few, small fish and test the tank water daily for ammonia and nitrite for a week or so to make sure the bacteria is using the dissolved waste. If not, you'll need to perform water changes until the bacteria colony grows.

B

Hello Eag..

Remove half the media from a cycled tank that's the same size or larger than yours and you'll instantly cycle yours. You can introduce fish right away. Just make sure you use only a few, small fish and test the tank water daily for ammonia and nitrite for a week or so to make sure the bacteria is using the dissolved waste. If not, you'll need to perform water changes until the bacteria colony grows.

B

Harder than you think I am in the midst of putting the plumbing together for the sump on a 337 freshwater tank. So that leaves me Pet.. or Some big freshwater aquarium travel dest.

Just hit the lfs, bring a 5 gal bucket, ask.them to squeeze 15 sponge filters into.the bucket, buy a bottle of seachem stability. Dump some in the bucket. Dump bucket in sump..cycle started>almost finished.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom