Wish Me Luck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Docker66

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am currently 1 day from hopefully purchasing a 75 gallon setup!! The current owner is deciding on my offer, which is all I have, and will get back with me tomorrow night. They have had an ad in the newspaper for weeks and no buyers, they need to get rid of the tank this week so they can move. So I offered them $200 since something is better than nothing and they told me that they might have to let me have it for that price. I'm so excited that I can't sleep!!

Unfortunately, if they do decide to sell it to me, I won't be able to set it up for a few months. But, I'll be just as happy owning it! :invasion:

I hope you get the tank!! Why would you have to wait to set up? What do you want to put in it if you get it??

I might be moving shortly myself and would rather wait until after I move than to go through the trouble of moving live fish. As far as what I plan to do with it if I get it, I think I'm just going to set it up as a FW planted tank. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :onfire: :onfire:

LOL, well actually it is going to the storage... So I'll be spending most of my time there! :D And, yes I did get the aquarium. I felt bad for the couple that owned it and swore to them that I would have given them more money if I had it. But, they're going to have a 160 gallon tank built into the wall of their new house so they won't be missing the 75 too much.

The tank looks great, and I will get pics of it set up as soon as I can (in roughly 6 months give or take). Needless to say I am very excited about this and can't wait till I have the chance to set it up! :D :D :multi: :multi: :onfire: :onfire:

So did you have only a 10 gal and now you have a 75? If so, wow that's a big jump IMO. :D I had a 20 then got a 75 which is a pretty big jump also though. :)

Agreed, it is quite the jump. One of the reason's I'm not going to set it up right away. Give me time to learn more about taking care of such a large tank. I'm really excited about it though, it's going to be quite the experience! :D

Actually it's easier to take care of. Smaller tanks need more maintenance (usually) than larger. I hope you'll be moving the common pleco into it before he/she gets too big?

That's good to know. And yes, the common pleco will be moving in. I hope it doesn't get too big before I get the tank setup, it is a little over and inch and a half now. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom