Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygourami View Post
The males show more colour than the females. I would suggest getting a male as I have two of my own and it's simply luck to get ones that are/are not aggressive. My boys are really laid back and peaceful Actually mebbid, I find females everywhere but I assume that we live in different places anyways. I've never seen a male without a female before(and I've had my share of travelling for fish) but I decided on two males because of their vibrancy. Good luck finding them I guess:P

🐠Namirah🐠Q🐠
That's funny, because I've never seen nor heard of any store in my state that carries female dwarf gourami... hehe

Old 07-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hahaha weird:P I'm from Ontario how about you?

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠

Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Fish View Post
Thanks! I do love plecos, so I will wait until I can purchase a bigger tank before getting one.

Not sure if you can get them where you are, but what about Borneo Suckers. Similar to plecos but up to 8cm (oops, 3" or so). Very peaceful, great match for corys. Just need some large pebbles for them to hide and scoot around in. I want some bit my bristlenoses surprisingly rule the roost! and push the corys around, and have even pushed my angels and dwarf gouramis around a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok, i heard someone say they couldn't find female gouramis. I couldn't either, but i asked my local pet guy and he specifically got 2 in for me from a supplier. If you build a good relationship with these guys they'll hook you up sometimes, but only if you ask! My male was more gentle then the female, but i think there is somewhat random.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com