Would these fish go together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jed Fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my 70 liter tank, I already have 6 neon tetras and 3 pygmy corys (Corydoras pygmaeus). I want some more, so could I get:

4 panda Cory's
1 Dwarf Gouramis
1 Brittlenose pleco? OR 1 Starlight Pleco, OR 1 Rubbernose Pleco? Whats best?

Would this selection be ok? Live happily together? Would the pleco eat my tiny pygmy corys? What temperature would it be best to keep them all at?

My tank is fully cycled.

In my 70 liter tank, I already have 6 neon tetras and 3 pygmy corys (Corydoras pygmaeus). I want some more, so could I get:

4 panda Cory's
1 Dwarf Gouramis
1 Brittlenose pleco? OR 1 Starlight Pleco, OR 1 Rubbernose Pleco? Whats best?

Would this selection be ok? Live happily together? Would the pleco eat my tiny pygmy corys? What temperature would it be best to keep them all at?

My tank is fully cycled.

Everything but the pleco sounds good. Even the smallest plecos need a bit bigger tank than a 70l liter. I would keep the tank at mid 70s for temperature.

Heads up, ive seen a dwarf gourami eat panda cory before. Im pretty sure thats unusual and frankly this was the meanest fish ive owned, but it did happen. It was a female gourami by the way.:hide:

Heads up, ive seen a dwarf gourami eat panda cory before. Im pretty sure thats unusual and frankly this was the meanest fish ive owned, but it did happen. It was a female gourami by the way.:hide:

Sometimes gourami can be massive jerks but for the most part they are really passive fish.

Sorry, just saw the other message and thought i should mention she did attack a neon in the same day, causing me rehouse fish in separate tanks. Oddly enough, the male gourami - flame type- schooled with the neons. They acted like he was their leader, bigger with same shade of red and a blue line?

Very interesting! I would love to have one, so should I get a male? Would he be less aggressive than the female?

Thanks! I do love plecos, so I will wait until I can purchase a bigger tank before getting one.

Yes definitely ,none of the fishes sound alarming to me except the gourami , about which I am always sceptical. You would be surprised to know that my 75 g tank is shared by 1 Elephant nose , 3 clown loaches, 1 red tail blue loach , 1 blood red parrot , 3 bosemani rainbow, 1 fiery red lobster ,4 cory cat(albino,panda,julii & peperred 1 each) , 1 bristle nose albino pleco, 1 panchax killifish, 1 full moon Siamese betta , 1 female betta, 1 red tail shark 1 albino shark & 3 live bearers (1 Mickey Mouse Molly,1 swordtail, Molly) ... I also have an albino Senegal bichir & upside down synodotus catfish which I have kept separately in 10 g and planning to introduce later) . All my fish are pretty happy and they have four houses and drift wood and plants .i think you can introduce more fish just upgrade your tank size...all the best!

The males show more colour than the females. I would suggest getting a male as I have two of my own and it's simply luck to get ones that are/are not aggressive. My boys are really laid back and peaceful:) Actually mebbid, I find females everywhere but I assume that we live in different places anyways. I've never seen a male without a female before(and I've had my share of travelling for fish) but I decided on two males because of their vibrancy. Good luck finding them I guess:p

?Namirah?Q?

The males show more colour than the females. I would suggest getting a male as I have two of my own and it's simply luck to get ones that are/are not aggressive. My boys are really laid back and peaceful:) Actually mebbid, I find females everywhere but I assume that we live in different places anyways. I've never seen a male without a female before(and I've had my share of travelling for fish) but I decided on two males because of their vibrancy. Good luck finding them I guess:p

?Namirah?Q?

That's funny, because I've never seen nor heard of any store in my state that carries female dwarf gourami... hehe

Thanks! I do love plecos, so I will wait until I can purchase a bigger tank before getting one.

Not sure if you can get them where you are, but what about Borneo Suckers. Similar to plecos but up to 8cm (oops, 3" or so). Very peaceful, great match for corys. Just need some large pebbles for them to hide and scoot around in. I want some bit my bristlenoses surprisingly rule the roost! and push the corys around, and have even pushed my angels and dwarf gouramis around a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok, i heard someone say they couldn't find female gouramis. I couldn't either, but i asked my local pet guy and he specifically got 2 in for me from a supplier. If you build a good relationship with these guys they'll hook you up sometimes, but only if you ask! My male was more gentle then the female, but i think there is somewhat random.

Back
Top Bottom