Would this be over stocked for a 40 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trickshot3102

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would this be over stocked for a 40 gallon tank? I want to have a silver dollar, 1 bala shark, 1 swordtail, 1 mollie, 1 tinfoil barb, 1 Dwarf gourami and possibly a filter shrimp?

Would this be over stocked for a 40 gallon tank? I want to have a silver dollar, 1 bala shark, 1 swordtail, 1 mollie, 1 tinfoil barb, 1 Dwarf gourami and possibly a filter shrimp?
Definitely not a bala,they get huge, pretty sure barbs like groups of 5+.

Yep, bala sharks get over a foot long, insanely active and love to school. Silvers dollars get the size of a dinner plate and tinfoil barbs get over a foot long also. Not only that, all these huge fish need min of 5 in there schools apiece.

What about 5 Odessa bards, some bottom dwelling catfish(like Cory cats, about 6) some amano shrimp. And a gourami?

Is the Tank Overstocked?

Hello trick...

If you're used to performing large, frequent water changes, then water quality shouldn't be a problem. Two pretty important questions are: How large will the fish get and will they all get along.

B

No way...

No bala shark, no silver dollar, no tinfoil barb.

Swordtails and mollies would want to have some company as well.

Back
Top Bottom