Would this work out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

360º

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 25 gallon tank.

i would like to get 2 green spotted puffers for now and in about a month add two figure 8 puffers.

will they live well together?

Probably not. 25g is too small for more than one GSP or Figure 8. They're messy fish and they have a real mean streak.

+1 The fish store intends to move the fish as quickly as possible while occupying the least amount of real estate. The LFS by me has six red tail cats ranging from 18"-24" in a 120g. Each fish is supposed to have about 300g minimum.

Puffers are very aggressive. You could go with dwarf puffers, if you do I suggest you only keep one per 10 gallons and have plenty of hiding places to block their line of sight from each other or else they will kill each other. Some people have had success with multiples in a tank or puffers in a community tank but if you want happy healthy fish I would recommend you don't try that lol. And don't believe the LFS they are just trying to sell stuff
(unless they are a rare reputable one), also +1 on Dragon's statement

EDIT: It will be extremely beneficial to you if you research the fish you want first, you will know how they behave and how they should be kept. Make sure you read up on plenty of different sites, and if the information matches then it is most likely true. Don't listen to wikipedia because anyone can edit that.

Back
Top Bottom