Yay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triggerfishfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had my issues the past week or so (see previous threads) and I did a PWC on Sunday of around 20%. The tank went quite cloudy and I was concerned as it still hadn't cleared up. I just did another PWC (none since Monday) of about 20% and gave the filter a rinse (in tank water) but I got rid of a collection of muck sitting on the filter pad. I put it all back together after cleaning my ornaments too, clean water in, some stress zyme, switched the lot back on and my filter is working so much better.

Thinking about it, the flow that comes out of the top (I have a 19L fluval chi which has a "waterfall" style filter) and I noticed earlier this week the flow out of the top had dropped. It has now gone back to the level it was when I first got it.

Lesson learned to make sure the filter pads are free of muck :) Hopefully the bits of debris that are floating around will be cleaned soon now that my filter is working to its proper capacity.:dance:

Critters swimming around happily too

Back
Top Bottom