Yeti's 55gal FW Journal (Pix and Flix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also you are using the API Test Kit, sometimes getting the nitrate test to show positive is quite a pain...remember to do A LOT of shaking. There's no such thing as too much shaking with that test. I usually notice my results after 4 minutes with the Nitrate test.

yeah ive been testing AFTER a pwc, perhaps thats why nothing is showing up.. Ill do another test today, if anything is there Ill let you know..

and yeah Im using the API ones.. I shake the crap out of it, then let it sit for 5 mins exactly.. I set timers for each test that requires a timer..

Edit: Did a water test and this is BEFORE a PWC.. still got all zeros but I did get a spike in the pH.. went from 7.8 to 8.2! dunno what caused the spike.. Ill do a PWC later maybe it will fix it, the NH4 is less than .25 but greater than 0.. so its still very low.. NitrAte is still 0 though..I followed the directions to a T, shook it vigorously and then set it for 5 mins...
img_807141_0_47d400490f3e34138fb3263d1e0e9913.jpg

Did a 50% PWC today, I figured Id let it go a little longer to let things settle,

New test results:
Temp: 79
pH: 7.8
NO2: 0
NO3: just barely darker than 0 but not enough to count
NH4: 0

i dunno whats up with it but at least its zero and nothing harmful in the water like my NH4 problem (which has now thankfully cleared up)

fish are happy, snails are crazy, one has sat in his shell in the same spot for about a day, but we all know how snails are..

alrighty so its been a long while since an update, ive been keeping up with my PWCs and water tests, just havent been so much on the boards.. been a lil busy with my newborn and such..

No new fish yet, since my swordtail leapt out to his doom. Im going to get more fish after I get a lid for my tank, right now I have some makeshift plexiglass up there.. I had another escapee, my snail has climbed out of the tank twice, luckily we were there both times to catch him and pick him up off the floor. I also discovered that inside one of the things I had covering my tank my snail managed to lay 3 large groups of eggs!! crap.. I sprayed them out and they are gone, plus he cant get up there now because I put the plexiglass on the tank. so NOW we have a new problem.

My same snail had decided to lay eggs on the power cord to my heater, luckily my angel found them and is currently picking them off, as he fends off the tetras haha.

Here's a Pic (its a link because its a big pic)

any way to keep eggs out of my tank, but not harm my other 2 large snails?

Back
Top Bottom