You "fish" your tank looked this good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry if it's been mentioned already but amano shrimp and and nerite snails are also fantastic for cleaning certain types of algae (like diatoms), and they hardly add anything to the bioload.

Thanks for the info! Do you think either of those would go well in my tank? Water parameters are usually close to perfect. Would I fish beat up on either of those? And how many could I get?

Just received my mag float. Worked great on the glass!!

Good luck with the MagFloat, buddy; while they are good for getting stuff off the inside of the glass and are convenient in that they can be moved from the outer glass, I scratched my last tank up pretty badly with one of these things; they can be pretty rough...

On that note, I just gave my brand new 60 gallon Marineland its first dog-gone scratches and I'm REALLY pissed about it...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

In my attempt to see what a background would look like on my tank, I took the Marineland "advertising board" that came with my tank and sat on the inside glass when it was on the shelf at Petsmart, advertising what came in this package (the hoods, the stand, etc.) and put it on the back of my tank as a kind of goof, because it depicts a decorated tank with fish, gravel and plastic plants and such -- but in doing this, I apparently messed up the "leveling" devices on both my HOB filters which keep them parallel with the tank's rear glass, and where the Aqueon sits are now nasty scratches from the leveler scraping against the glass when it was moved...I can't believe I was so careless, but what's done is done and there's nothing I can do about it now...ever since messing with this "background," I STILL haven't gotten my filters back in to their perfect places...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Like my wife said, I just couldn't leave well enough alone right now and just HAD to play around...sometimes -- just sometimes -- the women ARE right...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::banghead:

If you use sand be very careful it doesn't get into the mag float or it will scratch the tank

Indeed; I scratched the inside glass of my last 60 gallon -- pretty heavily in fact -- with one of these MagFloats, and I didn't even have sand substrate...

In my experience, they're just overall very abrasive...

I hope I don't scratch mine at all. The first initial use had very good results. Although I do not have sand in my 37 gal. But I will in my 75 gal once it is finished(taking forever).

So two days ago I was enjoying my tank when I noticed one of my glofish danios is missing. And when I say missing, I mean vanished, not there, no trace of. There isn't even a carcass or anything. What could have happened?!?!?!?

Went to my tank today and another danio was sucked up against the filter grate. Took the danio out and looked at it. Both eyes were missing looked like the front on the face had deteriorated and the fin were almost completely gone. Pictures of that one are below. I decided to take a closer look at my danios and noticed one has a missing eye along with what looks like deteriorating face. It also has a slider body like the one in pics.

Could this be caused by the other fish trying to eat or fight these guys or a bigger issue?

image-3634028755.jpg

image-562404383.jpg

image-3415479128.jpg

Went to my tank today and another danio was sucked up against the filter grate. Took the danio out and looked at it. Both eyes were missing looked like the front on the face had deteriorated and the fin were almost completely gone. Pictures of that one are below. I decided to take a closer look at my danios and noticed one has a missing eye along with what looks like deteriorating face. It also has a slider body like the one in pics.

Could this be caused by the other fish trying to eat or fight these guys or a bigger issue?

I can't see it very well in the picture. I'm sure it's probably ly a.bigger issue or both. What is the stock?

I had to move my tank downstairs where my tv is. The filters I have now are pretty loud. I have a top fin 40 and top fin 60 on it. I would like to get another one that isn't loud at all. On my other tank I have an ac 110 that is really quiet until water evaporates and little. Any suggestions on why I could put on this 37 gallon tank to make it quiet?

Back
Top Bottom