Yoyo Loach help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyLove6283

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I need some expert advice on my yoyo loaches. I got my smaller guy, Chimi, first and he's gotten very comfortable in the tank with my baby barbs and my Plecos. He looked lonely, though, so the last time I was at my LFS I decided to purchase another one for him. In the end, the new loach they gave me is two times bigger than Chimi and he is often found chasing Chimi around the tank at a very fast pace, but other times when I check on them, they can tolerate being around eachother. Are they just playing when he chases Chimi around or is this a major problem and should I take back the new yoyo? And for future reference, do yoyo loaches normally get along? Do they normally like company of other yoyo loaches?

Thanks so much for your time!

Add one more if possible. With three, any aggression over dominance will be split between the two other fish lowering the stress of those on the receiving end.
It's usually recommended to buy either 1, or to go 3 or more.

Add one more if possible. With three, any aggression over dominance will be split between the two other fish lowering the stress of those on the receiving end.

+1. If you have room, I believe 3 is minimum in my experience and 4 or 5 better. I have 4, 3 get along great and 1 is a loner for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom