Zebra danio Tail bit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
This morning I noticed that my part of my zebra danios tail was missing she is very fat,and she is one of the three zebra danios and I have 4 neon tetras and 1 betta I noticed that the zebra danios always chase around eachother,and my betta has been having some issues with his tail too,and my neon tetras tail was missing before but its now healed. i know I deffinently have a nipper now the zebra danios are crazy they swim like mad men so should I add some plants in the tank to reduce the stress?

Bettas don't usually get along with other fish, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's your nipper - but not sure what's causing issues with the betta tail.

Plants or decor can help reduce fighting since it blocks line of sight and provides cover. It's an easy thing to try for sure.

Bettas don't usually get along with other fish, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's your nipper - but not sure what's causing issues with the betta tail.

Plants or decor can help reduce fighting since it blocks line of sight and provides cover. It's an easy thing to try for sure.
Ok what plants do you suggest.

fake plants or live plants?

If fake, then whatever you like the looks of. For live plants we'll need more information about your setup. What size tank, what type of substrate, how much lighting?

Zebra Danios are also sometimes nippers, and fast enough to catch each other + harass your betta. Just food for thought.

Zebra Danios are also sometimes nippers, and fast enough to catch each other + harass your betta. Just food for thought.
Yep thanks I definitely know its one of my smaller zebra danios because I caught him chasing and trying to nip my other zebra danio and i saw him try to nip my betta yesurday.

My danios chase each other around too, but I think they're just playin...

UPDATE
He is healing up and the part of the tail tha is healing is a white new growth.

Same Problem

I have the same problem in my tank. I have one betta and only two zebra danios, so I guess my problem is too few zebra danios. I had three but one passed away by getting caught in the filter. I was thinking of separating the danios in two different tanks to stop the fin nipping but maybe I'll add a couple of danios instead to distract the fish. Hopefully my one danio's tail will grow back! Thanks for the great advice!

Back
Top Bottom