1 bangaii not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wings4wheels

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay, so I added two bangaii cardinals to my 90 gallon fowlr tank about a week and a half ago. Both seemed pretty skittish at first, but lately the larger one reallt seems to be coming around. Neither of them has waten any flake food, so I got some frozen brine shrimp. The larger cardinal go nuts for the stuff, but the smaller guy still seems uninterested. He just hangs out near the bottom of the tank, fins at half staff, and has started to look thin. Any pointers to help this guy come around?

Thanks in advance!

Does any of your LFS carry live food, like live brine shrimp, Copepods, or tiger pods. live food is the best way to intice them to eat. hope you can get him to eat. good luck!

Fishman

I will feed tonite after lights out, and grab some live food tomorrow. Do I eventually start to offer non-live food at the same time as live food to get them trained?

If they aren't tank raised the survival rate isn't all that good.

Thanks for checking. No luck, didn't eat last night, and died today. Definitely forgot to see him eat before I bought him. Guess I will remember that next time they get a shipment in at lfs.

Even if they do eat and are wild caught they may not survive, the poisons they use can effect the way they digest their food from what I have read. I want a bangaii very badly but am waiting until someone fairly local as luck with breeding them. My LFS can't order one so I will wait and wait until I see someone has some fry.

Back
Top Bottom