1 fish quarantine the rest got sick.
I dont know what to do now my Emperor Angle fish got sick and had to go to the vet and has been in a quaratine tank since last week. The fish had Uronema Marinum, which honestly I thought he was dead, laying in the bottom of the quarantine tank for almost a half hour, then all of a sudden back up and swimming. A week has gone by and skin is looking much better, but still I need to call the vet and find out what to do next.
Now honestly I'm clueless and dont know what to do about my main tank, I have lost 3 fish that were smaller and I just lost a medium grey tang and hour ago, they had something that looked different, their skin was just pealing and then dead.
My two clown fish and blanket anemone have been in the tank the longest and seem fine. I have one blue tank left which it kind of looks like pealing is starting too and hiding a lot more now
I also have a blue star fish, 2 fire krill, 1 electric blue hermit crab, all have been in the tank for awhile.
I have no clue what i should do about my tank, something I can put in the water, get it tested? I'm so pissed off at this f'ing disease that are killing my fish I want to make sure its dead what ever is killing me fish is dead before i move forward.
Can someone please suggest what i should do...... this is **** nerve racking and disappointing to see it happen.
1. How long have you had the fish? few months
Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised? Tank raised
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? 2 weeks
What are the tank mates? Any aggression? 2 tanks (1 dead), 2 clown, and a yellow angle (dead)
3. Is the fish eating? fish still eatling
If so what does it eat? Formula 1 and 2
4. What are the water parameters?
What saltwater test kit are you using? Testra
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc? Yes it had Uronema Marinum, the others are showing pealing of skin.
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)? Dont think so
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank? Yesterday was swimming around playing with the power head, today in the corner, then died.
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)? The fish that was first sick was Emperor Angle, which was quarantine for the past week and still is
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated.
10. What size system? 260 liter
What type of filtration do you use? Ehiem external pump
Do you have any live rock or sand? Yes and Yes
11. Do you use any additives? BioBooster and BioBacteria
Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank? No