1st fatality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the grim reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well one of my chromis bit the dust...I didnt think it was going to make it..a couple of days after I put it in the tank it ended up getting a small circle of almost cotton looking stuff on his tail...have seen stuff like that is freshwater before and thought same thing can happen with SW. Tacked it up to a fungus of some sort..then he got a sore on his side and the cleaner shrimp tried to help him out and I think it irritated it and the sore got very raw. Tried to catch him yesterday to put him in a separate tank, couldnt came home from work and he was stuck on my PH...poor guy...do you think this was something that could infest my other 2 chromis?

Thanks Grim

Thank you for the site link...that is a good book mark for sure..and yes it was a fungal infection for sure...that makes me feel better....would you think that the other fish will be okay?

Thanks Grim

I would also soak their foog in garlic, to help boost their immune systems. I soak mine from 20-30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom