Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
1st fish dead

HAve a 80 gal tank water parameters are perfect ph 8.1 salinity 1.025 -0 nitrates And of course no ammo or nitrite my first fish was a pink and yellow dotty back and 2 nemos after the first day the dottyback looked like he had a sore on his side and was rubbing up on rock !! Now he's under the rock dead !!! 1 nemo looks good the other one his top fin is down !!! Had to be the water temp change from drip acclimate for 3 hours I'll never use that method again back to the old way of floating the bag and adding tank water never had a problem before !! When I put my finger in bucket the water was much colder than tank probably put a lot of stress on fish !! The dead fish is beyond reach going to buy a emerald crab now hope he eats him before my water quality suffers

Smithcinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

One dead fish that small in an 80g likely won't make water quality issues. If you've got any hermits in there, the fish'll likely be gone before nightfall easily.

The only reason I could see the need for such a long drip is if the lfs and your water parameters (particularly Ph and salinity) are way off from each other. That was likely too long considering the temp dif, but I doubt if that's why they dies. I'd wonder about the stock at the lfs.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Bi color dotty back almost eaten up but the clown that looked so so is belly up !! Got him out !! The other clown looks great !! Added fire shrimp yesterday he was hiding behind korila 750 unroll lights went out then he started to explore !! Found a real cheap lfs yesterday fish look amazing and coral prices near half other stores but it's in china town so no English but best fish I have ever seen !! Picking up a new clown on way home today 7.99 can't beet that !!! No more drip acclimate for me did the shrimp the old way and he looks fine !! Need to get more fish it's hard to feed only 1
Smithcinema is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com