2 anenomes missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbaier

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've looked and took out everything in the tank to find these anenome's i bought 2 bubble tips over the internet a while ago and have been just waiting for them to pop up, could my mantis shrimp have eaten them? i saw him crawl over them quickly, it didn't look like he got shocked.

my false percs were already sleeping in them

anyone know what could have happened?

Need some more info. How big is your tank and whay type of lighting do you have? Do you have any powerheads? Sump or HOB filter? It is possible they got stuck in an intake of your overflow (if you have one) or powerheads or filter. I do not think the mantis would have done anything to them, although if you know you have a mantis it is best to get it our of the main tank. Are your clowns still there? My rose BTA took to wandering for a while but I always knew where it was because my two percs were never far away. Good luck...Lando

Our water levels are all normal, I have a sump and checked all the tubing, one of our clown fish is MIA too. I think maybe someone in the house may have messed with them. I have thought of no rational explination. There is now a lock on the door! I have 2-96 watt bulbs one's actinic one's the lights are on for 8 hours on timers, the white lights shut off an hour after in the morning and an hour before at night. i have those moonlights, i don't think they bothered anyone. i have a protein skimmer in the sump and a powerhead filter on the side of the tank. all of which are i thought, anenome safe.

could it be something to do with my live rock? they aren't really growing much of the purple algea.

that shrimp is somethin else though! always trouble

it's a coral banded shrimp not a mantis, i keep forgetting they sent me the wrong kind!!!!!!!

Wow, its a mystery. I do not think the CBS would have done it. How long have you had the anenomes? If someone had access to your tank it is possible that they took them, but I hope that is not the case. I am out of ideas...Lando

how small do they get? i looked at every rock carefully with my fiance, if it was big enough to see we would've or at least it would have floated to the bottom when we lifted the rocks. I guess I want to cover all bases so that when I invest the money again, they don't die too.

What is the drip acclimation process? maybe I did that wrong. It was only a week before they dissappeared. or maybe they didn't like the food.

I used an eyedropper to squirt the food on them. I fed them 3 times a day with kent marine phytoplex and microvert.

Is any of that not right?

Well they don't get micro small... I know lighting is a big issue with them... also they are pretty picky about water conditions. I wouldn't try two next time. I don't know how acclimated they need to be since I read that they are often shipped dry. Then again something that sensitive may need a while.

I had a chocolate chip starfish that ate anything it could get on top of, including an anemone. He got in the corner and had it half eaten before I could do anything about it. Any Starfish??

Just checked your profile.......YOU HAVE A CC Starfish!! 8O

That could be your problem.

I took mine back to the lfs and traded for two nice stalks of xenia. :wink:

A couple of weeks ago I had a nudibranch and an anthias disappear. Yesterday I returned from the LFS with a flame scallop. It didn't take more than a few minutes for my green brittle star to be all over him. I moved him to the other side of the tank but he had the scent of a scallop. He's since been relegated to my 10 gal with the bad damsels. It's where I put tank mates that have been bad.

when i first started the tank i had the same! the fish store bought it back for me, we caught it eating our goby on the side of the glass, all that was left was the fin. the shrimp ate our brittle sea star, limb by limb. it took us too long to figure it out, all that was left was the stomach. that was over a year ago though.

feeding them 3 times a day? might be too much. just give them a piece of frozen squid two or three times a week. they like it better than the liquid stuff

Back
Top Bottom