2 dead anemones and tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColBen112

Aquarium Advice Activist
So first off, this is not my tank this happen to, it is my buds,he had a Bubble tip anemone and another zebra something anemone he then bought a butterfly that was sick. He didn't know it was sick and he added it to his tank and got all his other fish sick with ich. He treated the ich, he didnt think about taking the anemones out, stupid i know. Anyway, the treatment killed one of the anemone within the first day, he again didn't pull it out. Three days into the treatment he lost every fish but one, a tang I believe it is a yellow eye kole tang. Well, it lived through the first dead anemone then today it wasn't looking so good and I went to go over to take a look at it. It looked like his tang had decaying fins it was horrible! As we were bringing it to my qt it passed and I went back to look at his tank horrible horrible horrible!!!! His bubble tip totally decayed and clouded up his tank with parts of it. I think once the first anemone died it nuked his tank and killed most of his fish he thought it was the treatment for the ich I'm not sure and I think once the first one died it slowly killed the second one once the second one died (anemone) that it killed his tang it put the final blow on him I don't know. Thats what i belive though. I would appreciate any advice on how to fix the tank or pretty much any advice on it at all.

He is going to have to do several things, first start by doing regular water changes even if there is no fish and second no fish until the life cycle of the ich is over. I am not real sure but I believe it is 72 days without a host. He will need to feed the bacteria to keep the cycle alive.

Back
Top Bottom