3 cardinal died in one day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
I think one of my fish is beating the crap out of them, they seem to be stress and broken fins. I have 2 remaining cardinal left but it might be my true perc or one of the cardinal that is the culprit, i seen them chasing after one of my other poor cardinals. Are these guys that aggressive? How can three die in one day!

Clown fish are related to damsels, but I have never seen one GO AFTER another fish to an extreme... Anything else in the tank? What are your test parameters and how soon did they die after adding them?

My experience with cardinals is, I've found them not to be very hearty. They are nocturnal and easily stressed. Were they eating well for you? Mine never did. Do you have substantial hiding areas for them? Do to being nocturnal, they needs lots of hiding areas. I've seen clowns bully other fish so I'm not totally shocked by that. Especially if clown is protecting a certain area. Good luck with your remaining cardinals.

what size tank and did you add the cards all at once or were there some already in there. Rearrange some LR to make all the fish think its a new area and then all are on equal playing field.

i have added the cardinal one week ago, they seem to be eating like crazy. My water parameters are good except for nitrate which is at .20ppm but that should be good.

I had a cardinal once and it died on me about a week after, some people say they are hardy but to me they seem so sensitive I don't think I'm buying another one...

ive never seem mine or any others clownfish be that aggressive....i suggest no more cardinals since ive only seen one place actually have one for more than a month with it surviving , if something doesnt attack it itll just die for no reason half the time
:(

I had two Benghai cardinals... they were healthy, thriving, even growing pretty large. They prefer at least two (not a problem you had, of course), and a place in the tank with low water flow as they prefer to maintain a placid, motionless, float. My two were perfectly healthy... probably why the Niger Trigger found them so tasty!! :lol: All that was left were floating eyeballs... 8O

I once bought a pajama cardinal and my clown attacked it with so much vigor I scooped it out and took it right back to the LFS .

Sorry for your loss.

Now my six line wrasse is dead, who is killing my fish. I have so far 2 cardinals, true perc, and a dragon goby left. and some corals, mushrooms, toadstool, frogspawn. Who would have killed it, i suspect its my perc.

I woudn't think it would be a perc that is killing the fish. Any sign of trauma onthe dead fish?

Back
Top Bottom