3 stripped damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rnl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well am using a couple of 3 stripped damsels to finish cycling my tank. I couldn't stand the shrimp smell. Well today i noticed that one of the damsels front black band is looking like its bleaching whitish gray. The other one looks normal .. I have had the damsels about 4 days now . There both very active and are eating well. My params. Are ammo .25 nitrite .5 nitrate 10 ph 8.2 alkalinity normal i have 15 pounds of live rock and 40 pounds of live sand and tank has been running for about 3 weeks now .. Also i have a diatom bloom going crazy over my rocks and sand . Should i be worried .

From what I hear if your set on doing a live cycle damsels are the one to use, they can survive almost anything, the bleaching is most likely due to the ammonia and or the stress from the cycle. Either way they should do fine. One question though what is the salinity level?

My salinity is at 1.025 .and thank you for your response .

Ok figured it out my fish have marine velvet right now bummer so am treating them in a qt

Back
Top Bottom