45 gallon tank with ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 45 gallon tank with 5 fish in it, the tank has had ICK in it basically since its been set up i don't have the money to set up a QT tank so i have just been maintaining it with proper nutrition and weekly water changes, and for the most part all my fish remain ich free no flashing and never any white spots on them. recently my neon dotty back has gotten it really bad and wont stop flashing but all my other fish are still really healthy fighting it off accept today i noticed my wrasse flashing a lot. is having the dotty back in my tank with the bad case of ick making my other fish more susceptible to it? or does it make no diff if ick is in the tank thats it it doesn't matter if one fish has it worst then the other?

From what I have heard i think the ich flakes off and then comes back (cycles)... You should try to change your water daily around 40-50% to keep the ich that swims freely out of the water

well its been months since any of my fish have flashed or anything so i dont thikn the cycle is anything i know hte dotty back has a bad thing of ich because i didnt acclimate him properly that was my fault. but the others were fine way before him for a long time and now his ich is getting worst and i dont know if its going to affect my other fish

Well I dont think it matters if it is flashing, if your fish has ich then you should do high volume water changes.

Am I understanding you correctly?

Jarrett said:
well its been months since any of my fish have flashed or anything so i dont thikn the cycle is anything i know hte dotty back has a bad thing of ich because i didnt acclimate him properly that was my fault. but the others were fine way before him for a long time and now his ich is getting worst and i dont know if its going to affect my other fish

Some times fish do that, my LFS has a blue tang that's been doing that for two years now and that tank has NEVER seen ick.

Back
Top Bottom