5 headed duncan coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone i got a 5 head duncan coral about 2 months ago and its doing great even got a new head thats growing in.... but i just notice i see the trunk has like a layer peeling off of it..plus i notice one head is fully closed and white like it dead but that just happen over night... all my levels are fine and never had a problem before.... any help with my problem iwould be thankful

Could you please post your levels instead of just saying they are fine? A lot of corals shed if they get any impurities in their skin. This will remove the impurities. You can aim your powerheads different so he gets a little more flow. This will help the process. Or you can suck it out with a turkey baster. I don't know about the head that turned white. Is it still opening up? I am on my phone so I don't remember if you said it did. If its opening but its just turning white, then what kind of lights do you have, where do you have the Duncan in your tank, and how long of a cycle are the lights on.

Its like the head went back in the trunk again and u dont see it anymore i post a picture up so u can see what i am talking about

It could be the brown Jelly disease. If you notice the heads starting to disintigrate then you`ll need to break off the affected heads and throw them away. This might keep the other heads from being affected. This is usually caused by trauma to the heads. You dont have to much flow to the heads do you?

So u just break that trunk off even though there one right next to it... it wont harm that one?

Back
Top Bottom