6-line question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vehl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright, I am having a potential problem with isopods in my 125.
You can see the post in the sick forum here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=43007

If you read the post by Lando he suggests a 6-line wrasse may get rid of the pods.
I was going to add a 6-line to the tank anyways, so if it would solve the pod problem as well that would be just peachy!

So, anyone hear of 6-line's eating the bad isopods?

I have on occassion. Doesn't hurt to try a six line. They eat flatworms too...another benefit. A little bit of what you've been advised would increase the chances of ridding them completely...picking them out of the tank at night...a fish that eats them...isolating fish and starving them off. Collectively as a whole, you'll have a good battlefield going...LOL. Have fun.

Aye, it sounds like a blast.

I ahve been night diving the past to evenings and have yet to find any pod, but I am keeping an eye out.

I might go ahead and try the 6-line route to see if it helps any, was going to add one anyways.

Anyone else?

I got a six line yesterday. He ate some of my aptasia already :D . If he doesent eat your isopots a least you'll have a cool fish and no future aptasia problems.

Like I mentioned on that thread, I have not seen an isopod since the introduction of the wrasse. Not sure just how many I had to start with or if the wrasse is actually eating them all. I origanally "rented" the wrasse from the LFS but I have really grown to like it so I may just have to pay the rest of the deposite and keep it :lol:

Well after going night diving last night all I found was a shiny black, oval on the LR, which I got a pic of, couldn't suck it out with a Baster, although it also didn't run when poked and smashed, sitll haging on by a thread on the LR.

Also found a "bag" of something connected to the sand bed. I have sucked one of these things out before, it is actually connected down into the sand bed.

I am kind of hesitant to remove it incase it is something worth while.
Porbably will remove it later today just in case though. I will upload pics in the Identification forum later today.

So looks like a wrasse is in my future!

Back
Top Bottom