6 line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do these guys have sticky skin or something?? Last night I had a little panic attack because I thought my wrasse had the dreaded ich... 8-( It looked like he had about 8 or 9 tiny white spots on him so I cruised over to my LFS for some emergency water, and had my 10 gallon set up as a QT within 45 mins, ready with some meds. Capturing the little bugger was near impossible, however the more he swan, the more the little white spots were going away. Im guessing it was sand(?) He had one last piece on his body, and this morning that was gone too... It's crazy I almost had a meltdown. My LFS
also told me that ich will generally start around the gills area... Quite a scare. His tail from the day I got him has had teeny spots as part of his coloration. Anybody else have this on their 6 line??

This just happened with my clown two nights ago!!! He had a couple of what looked like grains of salt on him. I was ready to freak out too!!!

When I got home yesterday, They were gone. I hope they were only sand/substrate.

Sorry this is no real advice. Just know that I feel your pain.

Haha yea! I got all paranoid and scared. Ran out to get copper based mess and set up the QT... I guess when I go home ill be taking another long look at the fish just to be safe!

Benamayer said:
Do these guys have sticky skin or something?? Last night I had a little panic attack because I thought my wrasse had the dreaded ich... 8-( It looked like he had about 8 or 9 tiny white spots on him so I cruised over to my LFS for some emergency water, and had my 10 gallon set up as a QT within 45 mins, ready with some meds. Capturing the little bugger was near impossible, however the more he swan, the more the little white spots were going away. Im guessing it was sand(?) He had one last piece on his body, and this morning that was gone too... It's crazy I almost had a meltdown. My LFS
also told me that ich will generally start around the gills area... Quite a scare. His tail from the day I got him has had teeny spots as part of his coloration. Anybody else have this on their 6 line??

The 6-line wrasse often buries itself in the sand to sleep. Also when they sleep they form a slime coat cocoon around them for protection. Often in the morning you can see this slime attached to a rock for instance. They have some odd interesting behavior for sure. They are quite the jumpers also so hope you have a top of sorts.

Schism said:
The 6-line wrasse often buries itself in the sand to sleep. Also when they sleep they form a slime coat cocoon around them for protection. Often in the morning you can see this slime attached to a rock for instance. They have some odd interesting behavior for sure. They are quite the jumpers also so hope you have a top of sorts.

Nice thanks! Yea I made a top from plastic 1/4"
netting, because I hear they're jumpers... Is twitching part of their interesting behavior? A lot
of people report them to do this too...?

Benamayer said:
Nice thanks! Yea I made a top from plastic 1/4"
netting, because I hear they're jumpers... Is twitching part of their interesting behavior? A lot
of people report them to do this too...?

Yeah they like to 'dance' also its probably more of an aggressive sign, 6-lines can be some mean guys when they wanna be.

Back
Top Bottom