Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-16-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

HELP PLEASE........I need some total help. As I was explaining in my Vacation Disaster thread on the Sick Fish forum I just got back from a two week vacation to find that one of my fish is dead and another is MIA so is dead until further notice. Also I think I have a newly bout of ICH arising on my still remaining clown. After a huge water change yesterday my husband and I noticed a little bit of water pooling at the bottom of the tank on the outside. My husband thought that he had spilled some water so we cleaned it up and went on...This morning I woke up and there was water on the floor turns out that somehow there is a crack in the bottom of our tank. So now I have to use a small 10 gallon QT tank for 4 fish and an assortment of inverts. My husband is at the LFS as week speak picking up a new tank....I am having this huge fear that we are going to lose our fish....I took water out of my main tank to fill up my tiny QT tank I also put more than half of the live rock in the QT tank, the rest is sitting in the sink with wet towls on it. I have moved all my fish and most of my inverts over and doused them with a pretty hefty shot of stress coat. There is a power jet and a heater in the QT tank.....Right now I am waiting for my hubby to get back so we can get the new tank up and running.....Is there anything that I have left out or that I should be sure to do....I so want to save all my critters.... SUGGESTIONS NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Leahdanilalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
Well What I would do first since you suspect your Fish of having Ich is leaving them in the QT tank after you get your new tank and remove the Inverts, and liverock and treat with Hyposalinity you are going to want some sort of Filter setup in the QT and want to do some pretty regular water changes... That should rid yourself of the Ich on the Fish... Just make sure you fish are all thats in the tank... Monitor your ammonia and Nitrites closely and dont let them get too high... If they do then do a large water change.. There is an article in the Articles sections about setting up a QT tank..

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com