911 HELP! SICK FISH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intrnsik

Aquarium Advice Newbie
img_531531_0_cc1093cde12ab4c688346f59a544734e.jpg

img_531531_1_97e8445425f92839a32203fd79c9caab.jpg

Help 911! I'm a newb to Salt Water aquariums, all my fishes are wild. I've already acquired some helpful info from reading the some threads. Although I can't pin point what type of sickness my fish has and what type of treatment I should need. Any help will be appretiated. My fishes are Papio in Hawaiian, I think the proper name is Jack. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Jacks are correct, they are a predatory fish that hunt in packs and eat the smaller schooling fish such as anchovies etc..

I dont know of anyone who has kept these before and probably for good reason due to their tank size requirements..I dont think you can house these in a home aquarium they get too large.

As far as the illness is concerned I'm a little unsure myself as it doesnt look like any of the typical diseases...ich, hlle etc..

Steve can u chime in?

Too little information to be acurate beyond it looks like either a bacterial infection of sorts or possibly a type of ciliated protozoan. I don't know the natural history of this species and much more information is needed.

Definately not a fish for the hobbyists tank.

Cheers
Steve

8O I have caught 45 lb jacks in mexico while dorado fishing. You need to return those things and opt for some fish that are more suitable for the home aquarium environment.

Back
Top Bottom