Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

A fish with Ick...

I have a 37 gallon reef tank that I set up last summer...everything has been going extremely well, until a couple of days ago when I noticed one of my fish, a damsel, has some ick...what should I do?I keep temp. at 78 degrees, use vitamins and garlic. I don't have a hospital tank, and don't want other fish affected...it's a $3.00 fish, but I hate to kill it...any suggestions...?

Old 11-23-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

drastic times call for drastic measures. What have you added to the tank lately?

If you don't qt the infected fish, the ick will spread to the others if that's what he has.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If you have a fish with ich then it is now in your main tank. Even if you qt the fish it will most likely get it again when added back to the tank. The only way to ensure all ick is gone you must have your tank fishless for at least a month.HTH

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com