A poorly clownfish - please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumthinfishy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a FOWLR tank, only set up about 3 months ago. I have 2 ocellaris clownfish (and a yellow tailed damsel)... one of the clowns was put in 3 weeks ago, the other 1 week ago; they appear to get on well. The older is doing well but a day after putting the smaller one in i noticed what i assumed to be a small nip out of fin. The next day a white bump developed in this area, over the week this has become bigger, it is a fleshy white colour and almost looks like it is taking over the fin. I moved the fish to a QT yesterday and have begun treating it with Melafix and Pimafix but have since noticed he also has an irregular mass on its belly. He has been feeding well and swimming around the tank happily but there is obviously something wrong. I have been looking at many resources trying to identify what may be wrong but havent found anything that ticks all the boxes... perhaps a fungal infection. He is not rubbing himself against anything which seems to rule out a number of things. Can anyone please help me identidy what may be wrong and what i can do about it? Thanks

This is the best photo i can get....

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom