Acan issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've had these red/purple acans for a few months now and they have always been puffy as heck. Well 4 days ago they shrunk up and will not puff back up. There is no tissue recession, just shrunk up acan heads. I even have babies that have formed and another acan next to it that is fine. Tank parameters are as follows:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate<5
Phosphate-0
Calcium-400
Magnesium-1400
Alkalinity-7.3 dKh
Lighting is a kessil a150w "ocean blue" over a 20 tall that has been up and running for a year and a half.

So I've had these red/purple acans for a few months now and they have always been puffy as heck. Well 4 days ago they shrunk up and will not puff back up. There is no tissue recession, just shrunk up acan heads. I even have babies that have formed and another acan next to it that is fine. Tank parameters are as follows: Ammonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate<5 Phosphate-0 Calcium-400 Magnesium-1400 Alkalinity-7.3 dKh Lighting is a kessil a150w "ocean blue" over a 20 tall that has been up and running for a year and a half.
Mr X was explaining to me what sounds like is happening here. Look on my thread in here

Back
Top Bottom