Acan Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Past couple days I have been noticing that my one Acan hasn't been looking too happy, so now that my 12 is up and running I decided to move it over along with one of my acans that has been doing really well as a comparison. Well today it doesn't look much better and now the one that was doing really well looks like someone cut it. I'm not the most experienced with acans, never had any issues, any help?

ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate : 5
sg: 1.024 - 1.025
The water is almost all fresh mixed, just filled up the tank a couple days ago, all my LR in the sump has been cycling for 6ish weeks, did a test feeding first night to make sure everything was still all good.

Attached are when i first got them, them now, and the cut ones.

Attachments

• new006.jpg
    new006.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 79
  • new009.jpg
    new009.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 85
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 112
So the first ones looked better today. Later I looked back at these pictures side by side and realized its really hard to tell the difference top-down; but they were shriveled and retracted a lot, and weren't nearly as "poofy"

Still at a loss for the second "cut" ones. They appear to be doing alright, just curious if this is a sign of trouble or what? Nobody out there has an opinion?

Is this acan acting funny under the new led lights? Mine did the same when put under the led lights. All were doing great under t5 and quickly went nuts under the new leds. I moved them back to my 20g with the t5 lights and the colors look better already.

I dont know whats wrong, but I suspect the leds seeing as acans are low light corals. They seem to like blue light the best. I ordered 4 more cree xr-e royal blues and another meanwell to try out a more blue led tank. One meanwell will run the 4 whites at 700mA while the other 8 blue leds will run on a dimmable meanwell up to 1A. Should make for some nice blue light!

Matt

Keep it on the bottom and don't mess with it. Thats what I have found works best with my acan which is puffy and growing quick.

Back
Top Bottom