Acan lord issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have 4 acan lords in my tank. They have all been doing wonderfully. One recently though has been annoying me. It will open and be all puffy for like an hour, then shrink back into it's skeleton. The other 3 are always puffy. Some tank stats
20 gallon tank lit with a kessil a150w 15k. Ammo-0, trites-0, trates-<5, phosphate 0.04 (Hanna), calcium-400 (salifert), alk-9 dKh (salifert), mag-1450 (salifert). They are all on the bottom in medium flow from a koralia 425 and mp10 on reef rest at about 50%. The closest coral is a montipora Danae encrusted on a rock and a hammer coral about 4" away. Any insight would be helpful

These the ones that close up for months? I've got a colony that's only happy in shady areas FWIW

These the ones that close up for months? I've got a colony that's only happy in shady areas FWIW

Yes it's the annoying one. It's just weird because it was always out for the first 6 months I've had it under the same lighting and sameish flow. But just in the past couple months it has been being annoying. No tissue recession, when it's happy it's feeding tentacles are always out. I'm just stumped lol. It has about 15-18 heads as well.

Grr it is still being annoying. I'm gonna do a wc today and possibly dip them. I'm stumped

I think they want you to frag some z's and send them my way :p. The dip probably wouldn't be a bad idea jic.

Haha probably. But yeah we ill dip em and see f they become happy acans again

They're looking happier after the wc and such but still not 100%.
EPSLNSx.jpg

Just figured I'd give a final update. Acans are doing great now and growing more babies :).

Back
Top Bottom