Acan stressed or sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is one of my favorite Acan frags because of its neon green color and how beautiful and full it looks when it's happy. Recently it's been looking like this and I'm not sure why. Aside from me picking it up to inspect it do you guys notice anything? It's placement has always been in the sand bed where it's been seemingly happy for 2-3 months now. It seemed to start looking this way after my recent rescape. It may have gotten more light even on the sand bed because of rock placement but I'm not sure. It's now in a shaded spot

Ammonia, nitrites, phosphates - 0
Nitrates anywhere from 0 to 10ppm I can't tell using these color charts.
Salinity is 1.026
Ph over the last 3 days are charted from 7.9-8.2 over the day with today being the only day it actually got to 8.2.

Calcium 400
Mag 1200
And honestly I don't trust my ALK test kit at all to even post a number.

The rest of my corals all look great except this one.

https://youtu.be/efrv-EdZBMc

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451355614.067889.jpg
^^^when it was happy.

I really need some Hanna checkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Surprisingly now it looks good haha.

Thanks Hank it looks a lot better now and I'm getting at least an ALK Hanna checker

I've been seeing complaints on alk tests a couple times recently on this forum including myself. I can't stand my Red Sea. I just try and stay as consistent as possible with it (hard to do). Luckily enough I have enough reward points with BRS I can get one free (kinda)...

Look forward to readable alkalinity in 2016!

Back
Top Bottom