Acclimation trouble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scavenger12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I received an order of inverts today via UPS and I'm having some problems. I got a Hawaiian Feather duster, a flame scallop, a red fire shrimp, a red bali star, and 2 purple pin cushion urchins. Everybody seemed fine out of the bags. I set up a drip acclimation and placed them all into a 5 gal bucket. I opened up each bag individually releasing the water and invert into the bucket as instructed. I noticed that the water in the urchin bag was very dirty, but the bag had a black bottom and I didn't notice the dirty water until after I dumped it in with the rest of the inverts. They have been in the acc bucket for 2 hours and now it seems the fire shrimp is dead. I cannot find any info regarding the urchins and if they contaminated the water or what? I don't know if I should add these inverts to my tank now or what to do. Need some advice... Please Help!

Urchins do release toxin when stressed ..i would isolate the urchin and move everything else to another bucket

If I take the others out of the bucket with their transporting water should I just go ahead and add them to my main tank or could they contaminate it? I have a quarentine tank set up. Should I put them in there?

Any advice on what to do with these guys at this point? Shrimp is definitely dead. I have the rest floating in bags in my QT. Figured I'd do that for 20 minutes and put them in there

Back
Top Bottom